The Advanced Business Management program prepares students to oversee and coordinate a variety of office administration duties, while teaching them to review, evaluate and implement new policies and procedures. Students will learn to establish and delegate work priorities to support staff, establish time management skills, and become experts in the preparation of operation budgets and the maintenance of inventory and budgetary controls. Students will gain progressive skills in effective project management, business planning, small business / entrepreneurship, and international commerce.
Administrative officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence.