The Esthetics program provides students with the skills and experience required to be an integrated and professional esthetician. Beautification of the body is achieved through treatments to provide professional care of skin, hands and feet, and the use of cosmetic products. This program covers a variety of esthetics practices such as manicures, pedicures, facial and body treatments, waxing and eyebrow tinting, makeup artistry, auricular therapies, and more.
Students will be given the opportunity to practice in 70% of their studies in our on-site spa.
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Estheticians give facial and other body treatments using specialized products and techniques.
- Cosmeticians advise customers on the use of make-up and other beauty products and apply make-up to customers; may specialize in applying makeup to models or other individuals for special occasions.
- Manicurists and pedicurists clean, shape and polish fingernails and toenails and provide related treatments.
- Scalp treatment specialists apply medicated lotions to treat scalp conditions and hair loss.
Private College Versus Public Community College
What is different about attending a Private Career College like Gates College VS Public Community Colleges like Fleming College, Confederation College, Sault College or Durham College?
Gates College is registered as a private career college and programs approved as vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. Public Community Colleges such as Fleming College, Confederation College, Sault College and Durham College operate under a separate branch. There are benefits you may experience when attending a Private Career College like Gates College, that the Public Community Colleges may not offer.
- Small Class Sizes
- One course at a time Modular Based Learning
- Fixed Block Schedules
- Frequent Start Dates
- On-Line Instruction Led Curriculum
A Gates College student will find that our Campuses and our On-Line experience is very student focused and always puts the students goal’s first!