Learn via live instructor-led virtual lectures completed online, anywhere in Ontario.
Supply Chain Logistic Managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories.
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders.
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies.
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services.
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Review and process claims against suppliers.
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock.
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock.
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments.
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment.
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget.
Private College Versus Public Community College
What is different about attending a Private Career College like Gates College VS Public Community Colleges like Fleming College, Confederation College, Sault College or Durham College?
Gates College is registered as a private career college and programs approved as vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. Public Community Colleges such as Fleming College, Confederation College, Sault College and Durham College operate under a separate branch. There are benefits you may experience when attending a Private Career College like Gates College, that the Public Community Colleges may not offer.
- Small Class Sizes
- One course at a time Modular Based Learning
- Fixed Block Schedules
- Frequent Start Dates
- This program is currently being delivered in an Instructor-led online environment
A Gates College student will find that our Campuses and our On-Line experience is very student focused and always puts the students goal’s first!
In this program you’ll learn:
- Accounting for Businesses
- MS Office Applications
- Customer Service & Sales
- Logistics & Transportation
- Purchasing, Inventory Control, Security, Compliance and Loss Prevention
- Public Sector Procurement
- Introduction to Contract Law and Administration
- Operations Management
- Negotiations and Supplier Management
- International Transportation and Trade
- Essentials of Freight Forwarding
- Customs Issues and Procedures
This program has been approved by Supply Chain Canada for advanced standing towards attaining the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMPTM) designation.
The advanced standing agreement with Supply Chain Canada applies to graduates of the Supply Chain Management and Logistics Diploma Program who have achieved a grade of 70% or higher within the last two years. The exemptions include the following five (5) courses within the program:
- Module 2: Procurement and Supply Management
- Module 3: Logistics and Transportation
- Module 4: Operations and Process Management
- Module 7: Supply Chain Management in the Public Sector
- Workshop 2: Negotiation Skills